* eat: La Duree, maybe unnecessary to say, but really.... they absolutely make the best macarons and tarte du framboise you ever had! Eat it on a good & lovely spot somewhere in Paris and your day will be fabulous.
( Oh my, the raspberries were even bigger then my thumb!!!
And you must visit Au merveilleux de Fred... and treat yourself on the most perfect soft, crunchy, sticky meringues of this planet or their perfect puffy crunchy and chocolate 'merveilleux'. mmm...
* restaurant: eating in Paris, I love it! Just to give you some great ideas of the hundreds of possibilities: La maison mere, Le train bleu, Rose bakery Marais, Hotel l'amour.
* shop: Merci, a beautiful concept store with 3 floors where you'll find pretty goodies, beautiful clothes ( unfortunately a bit expensive) a nice cafe and restaurant and where you can sniff around for hours. And because of the rain it was the perfect afternoon activity somewhere in the 3th arrondissement.
* sleep: Hotel Joyce, a lovely stylish hotel in the middle of the 9th arrondissement. Light beautiful rooms, design, free WiFi and a perfect breakfast.
* guide: GoGoparis, with this handy app on your phone you'll be as in-the-know as any Parisian about what's happening around town now. Written by a Paris-based team, the guide has a special focus on local designers, independent boutiques, small neighborhood bars and fresh new restaurants.