My sweet friends helped me with making these garlands. It was a fun evening, kind of wedding edition of creatiecafe. I made a soup, bought some drinks and chocolates and in the meantime we talked about life & laughter :) For this you need a bunch of sweet friends and some nice fabrics. Cut the fabric in triangles, stitch 2 triangles on top of each other ( if you have a lock machine that's great ), fold the bias tape over the top edge and stitch it together. Easy peasy!
Friday, 30 March 2012
Wednesday, 28 March 2012
Tuesday, 27 March 2012
Getting married, it's one of the few traditional and lovely special moments in life. To me it's all about celebrating love together with sweet friends and family all day long. I asked 5 special friends to be my bridesmaids. Last friday we had a cosy dinner together. I made this little gift to say thank you for being there.
Monday, 26 March 2012
Studio Sjoesjoe is working on many different projects for brands and friends. I am so happy with my studio and it's going really well. Hope you like to see some of my designs & projects... some of them I can show you now, J!
* Wedding invitation: one of my best friends is getting married in June. I was so honoured to design their wedding invitation and save the date card. Are you getting married, moving to a new house, having a party or expecting little baby? I'd love to design a special announcement for you!
* Like Home: a company specialized in interior styling and sales advice asked me to design a brand new look & feel. Besides the logo, business cards and website ( under construction) I created a presentation about the company.
* Fleximo: a fresh, new, green car lease agency in the Netherlands asked me to design a business card and a website. After doing some research in the lease business I was quite shocked by the looks of most of them. So it really felt as if my magic and I sprayed some Sjoesjoe sparkles into the car business hihi!
* Bright2light: a developer of an innovative LED lightning solution asked me to illustrate their brochure with design lamps. It was great fun, I love to make these illustrations.
* Creatiecafe: together with my friend Marieke Noordanus ( owner of Mint PR&Concepts) we organized two season editions of creatie cafe in our little atelier in Amsterdam. Creative fun DIY projects ( inspired by blogs/ pinterest or created ourselves) together with drinks & home made bites.
Sunday, 25 March 2012
My lovely sweet best friends organized my bachelorette party last weekend. It was FABULOUS! We had so much fun, laughter, food & dance together :) We started the day with a perfect and beautiful lunch in new cute hotspot COTTONCAKE ( great name & logo) in the heart of the Pijp in Amsterdam. You can treat yourself on beautiful clothes, accessories, art and your tummy on yummie homemade goodies. Big thanks for my sweethearts who made my bachelor unforgettable, LOVE you x
In less then 2 weeks I will be the bride, ooh lala! It's so much fun to create little details and decoration for the big party :). In the next 2 weeks I will tell you more about it.
Friday, 23 March 2012
Hooray! Lanterfanten festival was mentioned in the dutch Flair. We ( Mint PR & concepts and Studio Sjoesjoe) are working on lovely ideas for this little new and fresh festival. Have you looked on our Facebook page yet? Here you'll find more about Lanterfanten festival and you'll get a daily ' lanterfanten' boost. Happy and looking forward to the end of may. Maybe we'll meet in a hammock, with a nice frech juice, homemade sandwich and surrounded by green fields and easy music!
I've told you about contemporary department store Options! in my latest Localilo report. Oh my it is such a wonderful store. Every centimeter in this store is inspirational, 'design-ish' and pretty. Sjoesjoe made some snapshots ( sorry for the bad quality) for those who can't sniff around every day.
Thursday, 22 March 2012
I love the fact that you can reach everybody with an email or a tweet nowadays. Yesterday I had sweet contact with Honey&Poppies. H&P is a floral studio based in California. They provide inspired and creative wedding flowers tailored to meet their clients with different needs and tastes. I was very impressed by their work. Have a look yourself on their blog, you'll find lot's of nice ideas to brighten your table, wedding or party.
Wednesday, 21 March 2012
I was very much inspired by the colours of this hand crochet cowl. Nice to use in spring prints or for your easter morning party table.
" It was one of those days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light and winter in the shade" Charles Dickens
Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Gifted fools, two best friends who love getting together, to do what they do best: creating magical little worlds with an eclectic mix of toys, pictures, scraps and other funny things they collect on their journeys. Their images of old school shoebox diorama's, personalized further to your ideas and imagination, can be printed on cards, stationary or whatever else you need! You will here more about these girls! I like it :)
Monday, 19 March 2012
I really enjoy it to live in a country where seasons change every 3 months. Every season is special to me. Winter was nice and cosy, but now I'm really really really looking forward to spring! April issue of 101 Woonideeën gives you that spring boost to get in the mood. I created this little tutorial for 101 Easter special. You'll need some old juice bottles, colourful flowers and fancy tape, that's it. Simple, easy and fun to do on a sparkling spring afternoon.